Dia de Muertos
Offering Contest 2023
CABA is inviting you, your family and/or your business/organization to
participate in our 5th Annual Day of the Dead Offering Contest. This would be
the perfect way to be creative, celebrate this beautiful tradition from and
invite the community to Celebrate your loved ones. All participating offerings will be set along the avenue for all our visitors to see and enjoy.
Eligibility: All Families or organizations within the Kansas City Metropolitan
Area as defined by a one (1) hour driving distance from KCK Downtown.
Entry Donation: $50.00 (waived if the participant is a vendor in our celebration)
1. Registration deadline: October 28th, 2023.
2. Winners Announcement: November 4th, 2023 by 5pm
4. Awards: November 5th, 2022, at 5:30pm. at Offering Location
3rd Place $100.00
2nd Place $200.00
1st Place $300.00
Basic Rules of Participation
1. Contest open to all residents, businesses, and organizations of the
Kansas City Metro
2. All Participant must fill up and sign the registration form and cover the
donation fee by 6pm on October 28th, 2023
3. The Contest will take place on November 4th.
4. All Participants must allow pictures to be taken for promotional purposes.
Full Contest Rules:
• The contest is open to the public.
• All Volunteers, Sponsors and Contractors. CABA, CABA’s Executive Director, Members of the
Board of Directors, CABA’s Employees and all members of the Judging Panel as well as all direct
family members, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
• All Offerings must be displayed ready by 12pm on the day of the contest.
• Representatives of all participants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
• All representatives must fill out and sign the registration form and cover the entry donation (waved for vendors of the celebration) All registration forms must be submitted in print and signed to CABA (1303 Central Avenue, KC. KS. 66102) You can find copy of the registration form at https://www.dayofthedeadweekend.com If you
need assistance with using the form, you may send questions to admin@CABAKCK.org or call
• Registration Donation: Fifty dollars ($50.00) per participating display. Participants can register
more than one entry; each entry will be given a different location and donate a separate
• Participant’s entry registration form and registration donation must be received and covered by
6pm Central Time, October 28th, 2023. Any entry received after the time and date limit will not be
• The Contest final judging will take place on November 4th.
• All Offering displays must be built at a location (sidewalk, window, lobby, patio, garden, parking lot, deck) accessible to photography. Security and Safety of the Offerings are the responsibility of the participants.
• CABA has no obligation to publish, use or retain any Offering display’s promotional material or otherwise submitted by the participants other than for the contest judgement nor to return any promotional materials.
• All Judges’ identities will be undisclosed. Their decision will be final and irreversible.
• By entering this contest, under risk of being disqualified, you warrant and represent that all Offering displays are your own original work, do not infringe upon any copyright, invade any right of privacy, contain any defamatory, libelous, or slanderous material, or violate any other right of any person or entity, and are not otherwise contrary to law.
• Offering Displays must not depict a violation of CABA’s standard of conduct or depict any violent or unsafe procedure or practice.
• Offering displays must not endorse or be perceived to endorse a commercial product or service other than the registered resident, business or organization physically creating the Offering display. This includes but is not limited to the display of brand names or trademarks on any people, equipment, or other objects visible in the Offering display. Registered cooperation where more than one organization is participating in the creation of the Offering is permitted.
• For any Offering Display submitted in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a release form from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject's parent or guardian and, upon request, provide it to CABA. A sample release for your use is available here: https://CABA.org/Events
• You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions necessary for granting of the rights contained in the previous paragraph. You also agree, as a condition of being awarded any prize in the contest, to take, at CABA's request, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of assignments, transfers, affidavits, and other documents) reasonably necessary, as requested by CABA, to effect, perfect, or confirm CABA's rights in and to your Offering Display, materials generated from the same or other rights granted in these rules.
• By entering the contest, participants grant the Central Avenue Betterment Association a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, distribute, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other governmental purposes. Any material created from all Offering displays will include a credit as feasible. CABA will not be required to seek any additional approval regarding such uses.
• You further grant CABA the right to use information that you provide as part of your submission, including your name, city, state/territory and contact information for the following purposes: 1) Contact information will only be used to notify you if you are selected a finalist for this contest; and 2) Name, city, and state/territory may be announced to the public about winning and/or finalist Offering Display.
• No Confidentiality. Offering Display materials submitted to CABA will not be treated as confidential, and by entering this contest and submitting your entry form, you represent and warrant that the Offering Displays do not include or disclose any trade secrets, proprietary information, or other confidential information.
• General release disclaimer. CABA will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted, or damaged or destroyed Offering display entries; (b) Digital, social media or communications related malfunctions or failures; (c) any contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of CABA or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest. By entering the contest, you release and hold harmless the Central Avenue Betterment Association from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, cost, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, missed delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
• Miscellaneous. The contest and these Full Contest Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the City of Kansas, the County of Wyandotte, and the state of Kansas. Participants agree to be bound by these Full Contest Rules and by the decisions of CABA, which are final and binding in all respects. CABA reserves the right to change these Full Contest Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend, cancel, postpone, or extend the contest or any entrant's participation in the contest should technology, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond CABA's control affect the administration, security or proper display of the Offering contest or CABA otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the contest as planned. Entrants who violate or fail to comply with these Full Contest Rules, violate any law, rule, or regulation about participation in the contest, tamper with the operation of the contest, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to CABA, the contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in CABA sole discretion), are subject to disqualification from entry into the contest. If you have any questions about these Full Contest Rules or the contest, please e-mail them to admin@CABAKCK.org or send written questions to:
Central Avenue Betterment Association
1303 Central Avenue Kansas City, Kansas. 66102
Attn: Day of the Dead Offering Contest.